5 track album
Eyyyyyy, my DiGi has just released his new Mass Effect EP! Give it a listen and throw moneygolds at him. It’s awesome stuffs. My talented lovelyman. And check out that wonderful artwork in the image files too!! So cool :)
French artist Mademoiselle Maurice created this gorgeous map of the world with rainbow-colored drips of water. This piece, along with other artworks, will be on display at the artist’s solo exhibition Colors are the New Black until mid-July at the Backside Gallery in Marseille, France.
this is what my office looks like in my head….
Hi guys, TRiPPY here.
Sorry you’ve not heard from us in a long time, life became incredibly busy after I went full-time artist mode. I’ve been working on awesome published comic books and getting things set up for the end of 2014 with my new Engelbaum Patreon campaign (Check it out if you ever enjoyed my dream/Gen related comic work!: http://www.patreon.com/trippy).
The years may come and go but I still love NiGHTS the same as ever. It’s his 18th birthday today, wow can you believe that, 18 years… it honestly seems like just yesterday to me the first time I dreamed of him or played the actual game. So many great positive things have come of that day 18 years ago. And we’re still all here!
Because of how busy my life is right now though I feel it’s only right to hand the reins over to another admin so that everyone can enjoy the website again with updates and activity. I feel very guilty about not being able to work on this website since I worked so incredibly hard on it for many years. So rather than let it fade I’d like to give it a kick up the butt and get some stuff rolling again. Me and DiGi are going to take a back seat for now after we technically hit the heights of doing as much as we possibly could for NiGHTS and you guys. We lived the dream we built and now it’s time for new dreams and new faces. It’s been a lot of fun working with you guys over the years, causing trouble and getting NiGHTS back into the spotlight again. So much so that we don’t even have to ask SEGA anymore. They know people care about NiGHTS now. Lots of us. And I knew that when I worked at SEGA myself, working on NiGHTS with DiGi, that all those coffeelicious 5am HTML blasts back in 1999 on a Dreamcast browser were worth it, lol. So thank you.
Lately it seems the NiGHTS community has migrated over to Tumblr, which is cool, but I still think this website is a great information point for new and old fans so it deserves to be preserved.
But It’s with great happiness and pleasure that I tell you all today that from this point onwards (after all the server side stuff is sorted out for his accounts yadda yadda) that our new main admin of NiGHTSintoDreams.com is the wonderful Dex la Cabra. A long time NiGHTS fan and a good friend of ours with SO MUCH enthusiasm and care for what he does. He’s friendly, sensible and just the right kind of guy this place needs to get things running again. So give him a warm welcome and prepare for cool things again :) I myself have tons of content, emails and work that have built up over 2 years that myself need to submit to the site, so it’s going to be Dex’s job to give you guys the goodies, report on both SEGA and community news and keep an eye on everything in the ~ world of dreams.
If i could explain just how much this website has given me, both as a person, a fan, an ex employee and a dreamer I’d have to write a very long book. All I will say is that without this website and NiGHTS I wouldn’t be where I am in life now, surrounded by great people, working my dream jobs and waking up every morning to see DiGi beside me. It’s all been worth it. Every single thing.
So never let anyone tell you that dreams are worthless. NiGHTS is always there if you need him, no-matter who you are or how impossible things might seem.
Thank you to DiGi, to the fans, to my friends at SEGA Europe, Japan, America and China, Sonic Team, Naoto Ohshima and to our magical 18 year old purple guy.
Lynne Triplett & Niyazi Sonmez signing off ~
Ok general TRiPPY update:
- FFF: working working working towards April deadline. I have gained the ability to draw people in suits with my eyes closed i think. This is a good thing. I’ve also learnt how to do nicer backgrounds too. Big learning experience. Just trying to get my work done every day. Can’t wait to see everyone at MCM in May with a table full of comics. (This time we are prepared lol)
- Commissions: 6 to go! Working on them every night i can. Getting round to everyone with bonus goodies for being so understanding. (I’ve not forgotten anyone or anything trust me, i have lists everywhere!)
- Engelbaum: I do a lot of headplanning/talking with DiGi while I work on other art jobs. SO expect to see me waffle on about it more to fill in the art gaps for the moment until things calm down a bit. It’s my way to let of creative steam. I started the Engelbaum18 Tumblr (which seems to have turned into a ‘Ask the Creators’ thing instead LOL (but it’s fun) and I started a Patreon page which i WILL get set up properly since a few of you have already started funding it for me (jeeze you guys are keano but i love you XDDD;). I’m also more than happy to answer questions. The love you guys have been showing me for it all has moved me to tears on more than a few occassions. Than you SO much for the enthusiasm. Really.
- Websites: Not been able to touch them for months. Sorry. Other priorities right now.
- Life: Currently more than broke so having to sell prints to survive until i get my workload cleared. My months print should be completed today. I really need to sell a few so please consider buying one so I’m actually able to continue doing all of the above things with food and electricity etc. I’ve been walking at night with DiGi now which has made me feel a bit better and less sufficated by by everything. Fresh air is good to clear the head and makes you feel motivated when you get back in. But i also have supershit toothache on my OTHER wisdom tooth now (which isn’t broken like the other 2). So trying to eat for me right now isn’t fun anyway. I just keep thinking that ONE DAY it wont be like this and things will run smoothly as planned. But that wouldn’t be life would it, lol.
But yeah. Still fighting the good fight. Onwards and all that.
Iiiiit’s Unusti! *clings to her ankles*
Imagni is one of a very small group of creatures known as Creators. These guys aren’t directly connected to the Gens but are a big part of Engelbaum’s universe.
I can’t really go on about these guys too much as you’ll be learning all their details pretty soon as you read the comic. So i wont spoil it too much.
But uffffff I love them. They all have seriously strong character to them. Me and DiGi worked so hard on those guys.
The Creators as a race are really important to me because each of them sort of represents different aspects of being an artist. Stuff that i’ve seen, admired, learnt and not liked from my peers and friends. So they’re very symbolic. They are all designers of their own universes but just painters at heart I guess.
It says her style power is Minimalism here, but its a blend of a few things.
These guys arent to be confused with Gens and there should be no Fan Creators (plz) due to the mythos being there are only 4 per cycle and the group is small for a reason.
Personality-wise Unusti is very calm but very outspoken with things she feels strongly about. If she doesn’t like you - she’ll tell you. If a piece of art doesn’t interest her she’ll be honest about it. But at the same time she is the voice of reason among the group and being the tallest one she’s like the big sister that will look out for the littler ones. Out of the 2nd Generation 4, she’s the most skilled artist (Probably because she was the first one born out of the current 4). She’s very modest though and doesn’t like people who brag. Because of this she clashes with Rodela (Creator Pi) quite a lot as they are two very different artists with strong personalities.
And yeah she’s probably over 10ft tall and built like a goddamn brickhouse *lol* You wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of her despite her pacifist nature.
Oh and despite her size she sneaks about silently quite a bit and spooks Imagni.
She’s a nice Creator ^^
Read my comic so far here: http://www.spectramisarts.com/?page_id=61
Gala! Welcome to the internet.
Another of Imagni’s generation of Creators from my comic Engelbaum. There are 4 Creators per generation. This is second generation.
She’s… a bit of a weird one *lol*
A lot of her personality comes from other artists I know. She’s very shy and rarely talks other than when she’s irritated or feeling anxious. She’s not very much into being in a group with the 3 other Creators. Unfortunately she has a lot of problems with her creations and isn’t the happiest soul. A bit misunderstood at the best of times she creates art that both scares and fascinates Imagni.
Personality-wise Gala tends to only talk in scrawl because she’s quite antisocial. But when she trusts someone she’ll speak in her actual voice. Despite being shy she’s very powerful and quite dangerous. She’s prone to mood swings and general angst. The others find her hard to get on with, but Imagni tries to befriend her and listen.
DiGi brought up a good point after I posted Unusti last week saying I shouldn’t really assign single *definitive* art styles to each Creator since some of them kind of have a blend of styles (Like Gala for instance). She’s both a bit surrealist and post-Impressionist. She creates… some crazy shit.
This one kind of symbolises my weaknesses in art, solitude and moments of doubt that we can feel as creatives. Inspired by both Dali and Van Gogh
Engelbaum can be read so far here: http://www.spectramisarts.com/?page_id=61
Spectramis’ true form is really a giant eraser topped pencil. clearly.
Then this happened.